Saturday, February 6, 2010

Sopapillas

My mother in law cut out this recipe for me and let me tell you the end result is FANTASTIC! Oh.. it is so yummy. And while it isn't healthy, it does allow me to use the remaining flour tortillas that I had leftover from making enchiladas!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon

Directions:
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in skillet over medium-low heat
- Cut each tortilla into 8 pieces.
- Place in skillet and fry until light brown
- Drain on paper towel
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon while hot
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil as needed.

* This is PERFECT with ice cream! It's as close to making fried ice cream as you can get without it actually being fried ice cream!*

No comments:

Post a Comment