Friday, April 2, 2010

Homemade Cornbread & Honey Butter


Here is another 'knock-off' recipe, but this one comes from Marie Callender. It was so easy to make and with the honey butter it was divine. I didn't make my own honey butter, but I will supply their recipe for it... but I bought Country Crock's Honey Spread... which is essentially the same thing. So if you want to slack a bit (like me), you can probably just pick up the honey butter from the grocery store.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cups cornmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1/3 cups sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 whole milk
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg

Honey Butter:
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup honey

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees

2. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl and mix together

3. Add milk, shortening, and egg and mix only until all the ingredients are well combined

4. Pour batter into a greased 8 x 8 pan (I just used a small round pan that I had)

5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown, let cool and serve with honey butter

Honey Butter directions:

1. Combine honey and butter together and mix with a mixer on high speed until its smooth and fluffy

... or ... buy it at the grocery store (my slacker method) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment