Friday, June 25, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Typically I just get those tubes of Toll House cookies and bake those, but one day I figured... what the heck... my daughter and I can make homemade cookies. I found this recipe for chocolate chip cookies from my Amish cookbook and they are AMAZING! So much better than those refrigerated tubes. Plus, I can add extra chocolate chips, peanut butter, whatever to them. They are wonderful!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (or 1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 pkg. of chocolate chips (7 oz)
1 tbsp hot water
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
vanilla

Directions:
1. Mix together butter and sugar in a large bowl

2. Add the egg, hot water, and some vanilla to taste (I usually put a cap full of vanilla in and I microwave the water in a cup so it's nice and hot when I add it) and mix with butter and sugar.

3. Add flour, salt, and baking soda to the mixture and beat until smooth

4. Add chocolate chips and blend into the mixture

5. Scoop out spoonfuls of cookie dough and put on cookie sheet

6. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until light brown

See how simple this is? And my daughter LOVED them. She kept begging for more! The store bought kind have her done when she is halfway through a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment